- We have plenty of free on site parking available for our clients.
- Our large, air conditioned waiting room overlooks surrounding countryside thus providing a peaceful and noise free environment.
- There are separate dog and cat waiting areas and various informative displays that are changed on a regular basis.
- The clinic and toilet facilities are wheelchair accessible.
Our two consulting rooms are both air conditioned for our patients’ comfort.
In house laboratory
In house laboratory
We have an onsite laboratory that enables us to run various blood screens and other diagnostic tests to minimise the time you and your pet have to wait for results.
We keep a large range of medications in our dispensary to enable us to treat a wide range of conditions. Any medications not kept in stock can normally be ordered within 24 hours.
Our diagnostic suite is equipped with an x ray machine, ultrasound and endoscopes.
- Digital X ray: radiography allows us to not only look at bones but also some of the soft tissues in an animal.
- Ultrasound: this uses sound waves in order to generate an image and allows us to see into the abdomen and chest.
- Endoscopy: this involves passing a small camera into a body cavity so that the vet can examine it more closely and obtain samples. We have two flexible video endoscopes suitable for scoping the majority of patients.
At Ivy Lodge veterinary Clinic we offer a wide range of surgical procedures. We maintain very high standards of aseptic technique for all surgery, including so-called ‘routine’ procedures such as spays and castrations.
We feel very strongly about pain relief. All animals undergoing surgery or dentistry will receive painkillers before and after the procedure. This is not just an ‘optional extra’!
For more specialised surgical procedures, we have a close relationship with the Queen Mother Hospital for Animals and if needed will refer to them to achieve the best possible outcomes for your pet.
We have well ventilated separate dog and cat wards to help create a stress free environment for all of our patients.